A friend of mine rung in her birthday last Friday at a club here in the Bay, so I thought it would be cute to gift her a liquor bouquet instead of your typical flowers. I’ve seen it done a few times, and it’s super easy and affordable so I thought I would share a DIY post!
Here is the to-buy list. I usually screenshot lists I see on Pinterest, so hopefully this list fits one screenshot on your phone.
- mini alcohol bottles (can be found at liquor stores, but cheaper at Bevmo)
- fake flowers (I bought these at Michael’s but Walmart & even the dollar tree has a wide variety, not to mention cheaper too!)
- a styrofoam cube to hold the flowers
- wooden sticks
- hot glue gun + glue sticks
- vase (bought this one at the Dollar Tree!)
- birthday balloon (can be found at PartyCity)
- and just for giggles, a hangover kit
These items are what I included in the ‘hangover kit’, some Advil, makeup wipes, and gum. I know all my girls feel me on the makeup wipes!
Now for the easy steps:
- Cut the styrofoam box to fit your vase
2. With a glue gun, glue all of the contents to the wooden sticks. Make sure that it’s really secured, I used a lot of glue for the alcohol because they were a bit heavy.
Also, make sure your boyfriend doesn’t get a hold of your sticks, it’ll slow your process down trying to get them back
3. After all your sticks are done, prepare the flowers. When you buy them they come in bunches, so before arranging them pick them all apart (they’re easy to cut or twist off at the little ridges at the bottom).
4. After all the sticks and flowers are picked apart- poke away at the styrofoam and arrange! That’s all the steps!
Final product ♥
Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial- I love DIY projects so stay tuned for more in the future! Thanks for reading 🙂